Tuesday, January 4, 2011

NewYear, Tada :)

Yes, it is a Happy Happy New Year. There is so much of enthusiasm in the air, people are celebrating the commencement of yet another year (for many this means getting drunk and partying away), everyone is busy making NewYear resolutions (only to be broken within a month), everyone is grinning ear-to-ear and wishing each other a Happy New Year :)

Well, I couldn't help notice the fact that all the optimism in rubbing off on me too. I don't usually make NewYear resolutions. The first time I made them was way back in 2007 and didn't' bother much about it. But this year, I really want to make a list of things I want to do in a year's time and see how many did I achieve by end of the year. I am feeling a never before enthusiasm of welcoming a whole new year. So I decided to make the most of my enthusiasm and make a list of the things I want to do this year. So here they are ...

1) Learn French - I am so fascinated by the language that I am jealous of each and every person who is able to converse in that! Maybe the fascination is coming from all those things I am reading about baking with Paris being hailed as a 'mecca of baking' and books which are all authored by chefs coming from 'Le Courdon Bleu'. Well, I find the language quite romantic too, after all French glorified the whole art of kissing/romancing :)

2) Make an elaborate cake - Taking my new found passion in baking to another level, I want to make an elaborate cake, the kind you find in food magazines and food network for a special occasion. I am scouring the websites and cookbooks for the recipe of that first elaborate cake I am going to make. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

3) Read More - I am a person who loves deadlines, hence in order to make this resolution a reality, I am entering a whole lot of Reading Challenges in 2011. Read, Read, Read is the motto.

4) Write More a.k.a Blog More - Don't panic about making every blog post a perfect one, just write whatever comes to your mind.

5) Don't procrastinate - This is the most important resolution of the year for me. Whatever you want to do, just do it. If you want to talk to someone, pick up the phone and talk. Don't keep anything for a later point thinking you will find a better time to do it. There is no better time, just do it NOW.

6) Get my investments in order - Another important thing which I have to take control of.

7) Cook/Bake More - I love cooking and feeding people. With a foodie hubby, I think this won't be a difficult task. I want to try making macarons - considered quite a temperamental cookie.

So what is your NewYear resolution? Leave them in the comments section and we will take a stock of it at the end of the year, what say?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suko is having an exciting giveway this NewYear. Do check it out in her blog. It's all about resolutions :D

Labels:

7 Comments:

At January 5, 2011 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Suko said...

Dewdrop, thank you for mentioning my international giveaway. You've written a wonderful list of resolutions. I took French in high school (and a bit in college) and it is quite a lovely language. Happy 2011!

 
At January 6, 2011 at 1:44 AM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

Thanks Suko. I took French in high school, but have forgotten all of it now :(

Happy 2011 to you too :)

 
At January 6, 2011 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Snow White said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At January 10, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful resolutions TK....All the best :)

BTW how many hv ya broken already :P

 
At January 11, 2011 at 4:38 AM , Anonymous lulu said...

you have a FOODIEEEEeee sister as well apart from hubby bubby.. so please consider that cooking part seriously ;) :P

 
At January 11, 2011 at 11:07 PM , Anonymous RaghuM said...

So jest of ur resolution is read, cook and cook more good good.
Resolution is stop just buying/renting books till i complete reading all the books lying next to my bed crying and saying read me.

 
At January 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@Anon: Haha, not yet time to say how many I have broken. Ask me one month later :)

@lulu: Sure, I have kept it in mind :)

@RaghuM: Yours is a good one for me to follow too. I have also so many books in my book shelves to finish reading. Sigh, the vagaries of a book lover ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------