Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to me, huh?

Six girls plan religiously for a dear friend's birthday.

Cake, candles, decorations, gifts, cards, everything is taken care of. Yours truly, with other friends, work really hard in background to get all this done, without her knowledge.

You send out a mail to the whole batch saying be there sharp at 12o'clock to celebrate her birthday.

So the whole batch assembles at midnight to celebrate her birthday.

She cuts the cake, we sing "Happy Birthday to you", wish her, put cake, water, eggs, n everything that we could see in the vicinity, on her :)

Suddenly the girls take out another cake and lights candles. Me, inspite of being in the core organising committee is totally unaware of this. I innocently asks the question "Why another cake"??

Thats when i get the biggest surprise of my life. They got the other cake for celebrating my birthday. Tomorrow is the last day of our exams and we are all going to be away for six months, for our summer internships. Seven of us are going to be in four different cities. So they planned to celebrate my birthday one month before so that they all can be with me during my celebration. My constant rant that 'no one of you are going to be with me on my birthday' prompted them further to do this.

I cut the cake and the usual rituals associated with the birthday happens to me also. Get bums, get drenched in water and cake, girls decorate my room, gives me a beautiful birthday card, books and perfumes as gifts. So I had a birthday celebration one month in advance of my real birthday. I dont know what makes me more happy - the way they cared for me and surprised me or the way they planned everything without my notice.

I am gonna miss this place for the next 6 months. No matter how far i am from my home, the people surrounding me, always makes me feel special.

Mn,Pj,Sh,So,Nl & Nv, you girls rock. I will miss you people a lot.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At April 28, 2008 at 6:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww. :)
Happy birthday in advance! :)

 
At April 28, 2008 at 8:30 AM , Blogger mathew said...

birthday wishes in advance..and yeah ur friends did an awesome job..they make sense to the word FRIENDS!!

 
At April 29, 2008 at 4:40 AM , Blogger Pri said...

woww!! that was a neat birthday surprise...:D

wishing u as much fun on ur real birthday :)
cheers!!

 
At April 29, 2008 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Pratibha said...

That was great! You deserve every bit of all of it...enjoy your time with them to the max dear...all my wishes for you..

 
At April 30, 2008 at 12:30 AM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@the girl from ipanema

Thanks a lot and welcome to my blog :)

@mathew
Yeah, they really make sense of the word 'FRIENDS'

@pri
Thanks a lot pri and welcome to the blog :)

@pratibha
Thanks dear. But i am going to miss them for the next few months. :(

 
At April 30, 2008 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Aparna Ganguly said...

Awwww! That's cute !

 
At May 2, 2008 at 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful thats really most pleasant and memorable birthday treat u can wish to get.No better way to answer ur rants :)

 
At May 6, 2008 at 12:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

u deserved to have the surprise, we wish we could be thr for ur real b'day...this is the least we could do in order to celebrate together....aftr all, u forget...we need to ask for a huugggee bday treat na ;) .... hopin ur real bday is even more fun n really wish we could all have been thr then too....thanks for the lovely post buddy,made us all feel too nice i must say! missin u a lot....tc....Pooj

 
At May 6, 2008 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Aroj said...

Wow..its great to have frnds like that..and what a feeling to be surprised like that! :-)

 
At May 27, 2008 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@aparna

Sure it was

@mitra

Yeah i know, no better way to answer my rants.

@pooj

Treat is on the way dear. Miss u too. :(

@aroj

I am really lucky to have them in my life. :)

 
At May 30, 2008 at 8:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

here u go on ur actual birthday.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------