Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Heartbroken

Last two months of anticipation.

You wait for something to happen so badly, and later come to know that its not going to happen.

Today is one of those days :(

And the reason which they give, hmmm..... all the more absurd.

I am heartbroken.

I don't think any amount of chocolates will lift my mood now.

Kolkata Book Fair is called off. Today's newspaper came with this 'jadhka'. I would hardly believe it while perusing it.

Kolkata Book fair being Asia's largest and world's second largest book fair, I so much wanted to be a part of it and experience it. Me and pooj were anxiously looking forward to it. Our plans of bunking classes and going for it, buying lots of books, all went down the drain.

The stakeholders who are at a loss - Publishers who will face a revenue loss of Rs 15 - 20 crore, bibliophiles all around the country, and ofcourse me.

I am really not liking it.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At January 29, 2008 at 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww....hopin against hope for tht 1% chance tht it mite still happen...me not likin it either.....hope the chance comes if not now at least next yr this time....sigh....Pooj

 
At January 29, 2008 at 8:35 PM , Blogger Aroj said...

Hmm.. really sad..the book fair seems to be an unfortunate victim of a war between the environmentalists and the state government.

But the good thing is the majority of the people including the CM are in favour of it, so something may just work out!

 
At January 29, 2008 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Pratibha said...

Oh thats sad! Given the fact that you love books so much and all your anticipation..Cheer up!

 
At February 5, 2008 at 1:55 AM , Blogger ankurg said...

Whats the exact reason for it being pulled down?

 
At February 11, 2008 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Girl With Big Eyes said...

Considering that book fairs were like fun fairs to me when I was growing up, I can understand your despair.

Have your revenge and splurge some money of good books.

 
At February 11, 2008 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@pooj

fingers crossed

@aroj

I just hope something works out :(

@pratibha

yes dear, missed strands at blore also this time.

@ankur

enviornmental pollution. traffic generated, etcetcera.

@girlwithbigeyes

Hoping to do so. :)

 
At April 5, 2008 at 3:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I'm back here for sometime, perhaps when they actually have it next, I can join you.. so maybe it was for the better !! Btw, this is your frnd who left another comment fr u on your latest write-up !! Hope u've figured by now who this is.. if so mail me girl, coz my old number wont work n I dont hav ur number either !!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------