Friday, May 11, 2007

Me, the chocoholic!!!

I don't know how many years passed since I had been a chocoholic. I think I had always been one. I don't know how many people i have troubled in my childhood for a bar of chocolate. I continue to coax my friends and everyone around me, into buying me one.

I like the way those brown yummy squares(I don't mind even if they are round in shape, or for that matter any shape) melt in my mouth and give me that 'kick'. They say its the increased serotonin levels in my brain which gives me this feeling, whatever it is, I just love the feeling.

For the last couple of weeks, I was on abstinence. I was trying to be far away from those dark tempting yummy squares, rectangles and even spheres(All the different shapes that it comes in). Still, yesterday the carving overcame me and i succumbed to the temptation. I devoured one huge bar of chocolate even though i was feeling guilty deep inside for not conforming to the strict diet regime that i am following. This made me sit up, and i did a bit of research on Chocoholics and Chocolate, in general.

centralcoastcandies.com
gives an interesting survey to check whether u are actually a chocoholic or not. The survey goes like this:

chocoholic (def): a person who has or claims to have an addiction to chocolate

* If you have more than 2 secret stashes of chocolate candy, you might be a chocoholic. (Be honest.)

Ummm... yes, I do keep secret stashes of chocolate, So that makes me a chocoholic? Oh!!!

* If your top 3 favorite candies all have chocolate in them, you might be a chocoholic.

Yes, all my top 3 favorite candies – Twix, Snickers and BarOne have chocolate in them.

* If you have more than 4 books at home on chocolate, you might be a chocoholic.

Nah!!! I don't have any books on chocolate.

* If your favorite dessert is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate ice-cream on the side, then you might be a chocoholic.

My fav dessert must contain atleast one of the above mentioned things.

* If you name chocolate as one of the seven wonders of the world, you might be a chocoholic.

Yep, I do. I name chocolate the biggest wonder of the world!!! All other wonders comes after that.

* If you bookmark more than 2 websites on the health benefits of chocolate, then you might be a chocoholic.

Though i haven't done it yet, I think i should do it now on.

* If your favorite movie is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, you might be a chocoholic.

I love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

* If you own more than one chocolate-related T-Shirt, you might be a chocoholic. (If you actually wear that chocolate T-Shirt in public, just admit it. You are a chocoholic.)

No, i don't have a chocolate-related T-shirt.

* If you name your first-born child after your favorite chocolate candy - then you are a definite, full fledged chocoholic.

No children yet. But yes, I am planning to have one named ferrero and another rocher :-)

Jokes apart, I think from the survey, its more or less clear that i am chocoholic!!!

Having found this, I tried to find out a number of facts about chocolate. I indeed found many interesting ones. Will post them in the next post.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 11, 2007 at 3:52 AM , Blogger Manoj Govindan said...

Back in the 1800's woman columnist Fanny Fern advised her women readers that the "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach".

I have a feeling that had she been around now, Ms. Fern would have advised her *male* readers that "the way to a woman's heart is through chocolate". Want to melt her heart? Get the chocolate to melt first.

 
At May 11, 2007 at 5:53 AM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@manoj

Well said. Atleast i know thats true in my case :)

 
At May 21, 2007 at 12:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

chocolate - a beverage made from cocoa powder and milk and sugar; usually drunk hot

--the free dict --

 
At January 17, 2008 at 6:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely chocoholic!:) And I love that! Here are some facts about chocolate specially for chocoholics!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------