Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Its NaBloPoMo time

Finally, I am back to the City of Nizams after my six month stint at United States, and boy, the moment I landed over here, the summer heat struck me like a thunder bolt. Right after that, I went on a short vacation to my hometown, wishing it would be raining cats and dogs in God's own country. But much to my dismay, the rain gods decided to visit my place, a week before and a week after my visit, carefully avoiding the week when I was home :(((( However, I gorged on enough mangoes(the next best thing about this season) and I am continuing to do so.

Back in office, it has been crazy work schedule, putting in 14 hours everyday, with enough deadlines to meet. However, I had been toying with a secret desire for sometime now. Many a time before I had thought about it and chickened out, considering my work schedule and other commitments. For the last few months, I had been thinking, I need to do this and by the end of every month, I back off, thinking its going to be yet another hectic month both professionally and personally. But now, with more conviction than ever, I am determined to do this.

I am doing a blog marathon !!!

There, I said it!!! The irregular blogger I am, I think it is one way to bring some discipline to my writing. But there are several other reasons why I want to do this.

- I love words, I love books, I love reading
- I genuinely love writing
- I want to explore my creative side more
- Many a time, I so much want to write about a topic, but before I could get myself to do it, it looses its charm. Lack of time, again a reason.
- I love it so much when someone likes one of my posts and tells me why they liked it
- I take so much pride when someone tells me that they love my blog
- I find reading good blogs a real fun thing to do
- When I love writing so much, why shouldn’t I pursue it
- I am not ready to allow my work schedule get in between something I love so much.
- And finally, this is something I am doing for myself, to prove to myself that I have the determination to do a NaBloPoMo

So friends, from tomorrow, the 1st of July, I will be posting everyday, for one whole month. I am well aware of the fact that its a huge responsibility and a commitment that I am undetaking, but I need to do it. I need all your support and feedback on my posts. Flowers, brickbats, chocolates, comments, all are welcome. Tomorrow, the journey starts ...

Labels:

12 Comments:

At June 30, 2010 at 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to visiting this page everyday now! :) As it is already on the list of my favourite blogs, that needn't be said anyway! :) All the best!!

Pooj

 
At June 30, 2010 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

Thanks a lot Pooj :) Keep visiting!!!

 
At June 30, 2010 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Hitha.. said...

he he..sure..all support from me :):) :)

 
At June 30, 2010 at 9:36 AM , Anonymous Hitha.. said...

& loving the fresh look of the blog :)

 
At June 30, 2010 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Dhanya said...

wow u too on a blog marathon? That's really nice.. blog blog blog.. we r there to read :)

 
At June 30, 2010 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Pratibha said...

Way to go girl! Love the spirit..We are ready devour, please bring it on ;)

 
At June 30, 2010 at 11:44 PM , Anonymous PB said...

thats nice ... so therez definitely gonna be one good thing to look forward to each day for the whole of next month ... bring it on!

 
At July 1, 2010 at 3:37 AM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@Hitha: Thanks a lot girl

@Dhanya: Yep, me too. Glad you are looking forward to it

@Pratibha: Thanks dear and hey, I demand more posts in pworld :)

@PB: Hey, that was so sweet of you :) Keep visiting the page.

 
At July 1, 2010 at 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When old words die out on the tongue, new melodies break forth from the heart; and where the old tracks are lost, new country is revealed with its wonders"
--Rabindranath Tagore

Very nice thought to shake of all that dust and re-ignite the passion for writing that you've always had.
Have loved reading your blog and "The Non-Stop NaBloPoMo Flight" is no doubt going to be an exiting one,
flown by your wonderful thoughts!!!

As its NaBloPoMo time for you, it is NaBloFeMo time for me :-), obviously 'Fe'
would stand for, hmmm you got it right, yeeeez 'Feedback" :-).

So you take care and enjoy !!!

Happy NaBloPoming!!!

:-)

 
At July 2, 2010 at 1:39 AM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@anon: That was so sweet of you to leave such comment. Yes, keep the 'Fe's coming and happy NaBloFeMo :)

 
At July 5, 2010 at 5:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am going to visit the page everyday.

 
At July 6, 2010 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@anon: Thanks. Keep the feedback coming :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------