Wednesday, January 20, 2010

May he rest in peace ...

Erich Segal passed away. The Ivy League Professor was 72 and died of heart attack. He had suffered from Parkinson's disease, a neurological condition that affects movement for 25 years.

I vividly remember reading his book 'Love Story'. While going through the last few pages of the books, I was reading two-three lines, crying for two-three minutes, then again reading the next two-three lines, crying for another two-three minutes and this pattern went on till I finished the book. I was surprised at myself, wondering how emotional I can become while reading a book. I think Erich Segal had that magic in his words. His Characters are people whom we can identify with and the way he weaves his plot makes us feel their emotions, predicament and trails in life. 'The Class' was also one of the books that I enjoyed thoroughly. Lives of four Harvard graduates were told in an inimitable way. I haven't read any of his other books, I have heard Doctors is also one of his good works.

May we have many more authors of his stature.May Erich Segal rest in peace. We owe you for your wonderful contribution to the English Literature.

If someone would like to recommend any other book of Erich Segal, please let me know through your comments.

News Info from ibnlive.com

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At January 20, 2010 at 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Doctors" is an interesting work.

 
At January 21, 2010 at 2:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense earning with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 
At January 21, 2010 at 4:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At January 21, 2010 at 6:09 PM , Blogger Pratibha said...

So many movies in so many different languages are inspired from "Love Story". I remember reading the book on a bus trip within a few hours. I couldnt keep the book down and had devoured it as fast as I could! :)
Happy reading buddy!

 
At January 25, 2010 at 7:25 PM , Anonymous Last Bencher :) said...

Hey TK,
Have you read "The Class" by him. Its a really well written fictional story about 5 friends at harvard and their journey before they meet each other again after 25 years at a college re-union. Must read if you haven't read it already.

 
At January 25, 2010 at 9:40 PM , Blogger another day in paradise said...

agree The Class is wonderful...and Acts of Faith..

 
At February 5, 2010 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Sajith said...

yup...d movie which came out immediately based on d book is also really nice...(very old movie of 70s)....

 
At March 23, 2010 at 6:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello All!

I've been looking to figure out a place to start with the acai berry free trial & was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on whether or not it works for dieting? So far here's the one [url=http://blogbud.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?sitename=acaiberrydetox&item=home]article[/url] I have been able to check out that seemed real for the goals I have. Thoughts?

 
At March 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, 'Doctors' was also terrifuc; i felt the characters ther were more real than the ones in 'Love Story' who though likeable, aren't all that real; i mean they are almost too good to be true..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------