Monday, July 19, 2010

Bubbling away

Blog Marathon Post 19

A fine gush of air and I come into existence. I notice the twinkle in your eye when I grow big, but the right mixture and components are also the factors that go into deciding my size. Once I enter this world, I float like a cloud, dance with the wind and fly like a butterfly. You can see rainbow in me and I can see dreams in your eyes. I know that you become a little girl in front of me. You watch me wide-eyed and you try to run after me and snatch me. But one touch that’s all is required for me to vanish into non-existence.

I am the bubble.

Ever loved blowing bubbles using a small loop dipped in soap water? I have and will always be. One of the innumerable joys of childhood which I don't want to grow out of. I go back to being that little girl whenever I hold that loop and see my bubbles floating up in the air.



This is a photo taken by a dear friend Prashant, who is an awesome photographer. We had lost touch for almost four years and recently got connected again through facebook. I was in awe looking at his photographs. So proud of the wondeful photographer you are Kulli :)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At July 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Dhanya said...

yeh yeh love that.. recently we were asked to do a photo-shoot for the company ad and we bought 2 bottles of bubbles - one for the shoot n one for us to play :P in no time both the bottles were empty n for the shoot we had to do something else ;)

 
At July 19, 2010 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Prashant Kulli said...

I always loved such a writing with perspectives from simple things in life which give so much happiness; just like this bubble; your writing is too amazing; I can't put my imagination into words as interestingly as you do :)

Thanks for the compliments btw :-)
It really feels great to be back in touch with you after 4 years!!

Keep the blog marathon going!!

 
At July 20, 2010 at 2:10 AM , Blogger Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

I love blowing bubbles!! :) :) A trp to Appu ghar always ended up with the blower for me :D

And the first part of your post, about I am Bubble was too good. Nicely written crisp piece that was!

 
At July 20, 2010 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@Dhanya: I know, it can be so addictive right? I always loved blowing bubbles away :) But I rarely get to do it these days :(

@Kulli: Thanks :) So happy to be back in touch with you too. Keep the wonderful photographs coming. Love them :)

@Kishley: Thanks dear. Wow, I hope you make frequent trips to Apu Ghar :) I need to get hold of one real soon :)

 
At July 21, 2010 at 7:13 AM , Anonymous PB :) said...

nice "bubbly" post :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------