Sunday, July 18, 2010

A quote I absolutely love

Blog Marathon Post 18

'Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the number of moments that take your breath away'

This is a quote I absolutely love. Each time I read it or tell this to someone, I get a high. How true is it? What is the whole point of life if you don't have enough experiences to make it wholesome? What is the purpose of life if you are not ready to take risks and experience it to the fullest?

I believe that life is measured by experiences and unless we explore, how will we experience it? So, make new friends, return smiles, travel to new places, fall in love, try out new cuisines, read books, watch movies, challenge your beliefs, engage in good conversations, take risks, engage in a hobby that you like and love life.

I captured the picture below some months back. It was my first snow and it happened last December. It snowed the entire night and by the time I woke up, the whole apartment area was covered in snow. It was a thing I only read in books and seeing it all in front of my eyes was marvellous.



It was a moment that truly took my breath away. I was so excited to watch snow through the windows, sitting inside my apartment with a hot chocolate in my hand, the entire day. I was so mermerised, like a little child who was experiencing the outside world for the first time. I wanted to hold on to it while there was no tomorrow. It was an experience of a lifetime.

So tell me, what is an experience that you had in your recent past that took your breath away?

P.S: I googled a lot to find out who wrote quote, but all I could find out was that the quote was originally on a Carleton greeting card. If you get anymore info on this, please let me know.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At July 18, 2010 at 1:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

From anon: After googling i found out "The author is a Canadian man who wrote the quote on a greeting card for Carleton Cards in the mid 1970's . In return for his quote he was remunerated and signed away the copyright to Carleton Cards."

"There is no certainty to who actually came up with it, but I've heard it was Stephanie Marcotte. I'm not sure if this is true, though. "

 
At July 18, 2010 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Aparna (Life Takes) said...

it is a very insightful thought

truly one should live life every moment to the fullest

measure life not by years but experiences

 
At July 18, 2010 at 1:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

From anon: Nothing significant has happened in recent past which i could correlate to have taken my breath away. But just few days back while i was staring at my Almira where i keep my books. I noticed two racks were full, so i just started counting how much have i spent on these newly acquired jewels. It crossed 10K. I was shaking my head in disbelief have i gone mad having spent so much in just past 7-8 months. Have i become nerd. But still no respite again spent buying some books this weekend. Though boring but for me it was a revelation, whether management degree has given me anything or not but it has definitely given me innate desire to appreciate any kind of literary work.

 
At July 19, 2010 at 1:44 AM , Blogger Pratibha said...

:)

 
At July 20, 2010 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@anon: That is all I could find out too. 10K on books, wow, would like to see your book collection somehow. Management degree gave you the ability to appreciate good literature? Really? All it did for me was the ability to appreciate world class cinema(have seen too many in those two years, in different genre and languages) and ease with excel sheets and powerpoints :)

@aparna: So true. Hope you go ahead and make many more experiences in your life :)

@pratibha: :) :) :)

 
At July 20, 2010 at 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Anon: You are always welcome. Just give me a call when mallu is in town next time (not @central chit chat again) now i hope you are sure who i am.

 
At July 22, 2010 at 12:52 PM , Anonymous Swati said...

Yeah, live life to the lees!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------