Friday, July 23, 2010

That's my dad :)

Home sweet home :)

Guess what, my pappa gifted me the book 'Truth and Beauty' by the Nobel Prize Winner and Astro Physicist S. Chandrasekhar. The book was autographed and presented to pappa by Chandrasekhar himself. He met the Nobel Laureate when he visited University of Chicago way back in 1991. Pappa was always proud of the fact that he could meet Prof. S. Chandrasekhar in person. It was so sweet of him to gift me the book from his personal collection.

Thank you pappa, you are the very best :) :) :) Love you lots. Muuuaaahhh.

Now, the reason for the gift - He likes my blog and the way I write :) Double wow!!!

I am sleeping with a huge smile on my face today.

Have a great weekend everybody :)

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At July 24, 2010 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Aparna (Life Takes) said...

your dad must have been proud of your blog...your write-ups are very good and simple

enjoy your book!

 
At July 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

wow!! Congrats!! Its feels so good when dad appreciates our good work!! :D super nice feeling that is!

 
At July 24, 2010 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@Aparna: Thanks a lot dear. Book seems quite esoteric. I will try to make sense out of it :)

@Kishley: I know, its super nice feeling :) Thanks a lot.

 
At July 26, 2010 at 12:34 AM , Anonymous PB :) said...

hey! that is a very thoughtful gift ... have u started reading it?

 
At July 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@PB: I am trying to read it, but finding it a bit difficult to grasp. I am keeping at it though.

 
At July 27, 2010 at 2:19 AM , Blogger Pratibha said...

Wow way to go girl...thats awesome! :)

 
At July 28, 2010 at 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baton has been passed, polish it with care so that it glitter like gold :)

 
At July 29, 2010 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@pratibha: :) Thanks dear.
@anon: Yes, I will keep it with care. :) I will have to pass it on after some years :)

 
At August 8, 2010 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Rakhee said...

Nice blog dear..i lost my dad on the 9th of last month..i miss him a lot...parents are so precious..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------