Wednesday, July 21, 2010

When I am feeling low ..

What do you do when you feel horribly low on a given day(whatever reason it may be)? These are some tried and tested things that I do and these work for me like magic.

1) Eat large amount of chocolates :) Works all the time, everytime. The serotonin does it part and your mood is elevated instantly.
2) Call your closest friends and rant about it.
3) Watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S or any other sitcom which you absolutely love. FRIENDS worked like a marvel for me each and everytime I was feeling low after an horrible exam during my bskul days. I used to watch four-five episodes back to back and it worked like a narcotic drug for me everytime.
4) Listen to music. One song which works like magic in my case is 'Aashayein' from the movie Iqbal. I just love the song and it always feel so appropriate when I am feeling low. All you music lovers out there, plug in your headphones and listen to your favourite tracks. Better still, switch on your loud speakers, play music at a very high volume and dance away :)
5) Clean your room. It's very therapeutic. Throw away things you no longer need and make space for new things and thoughts.
6) Go for a run/jog.Exercising is scientifically proven to lift your moods.
7) Shut yourself up for sometime(only for a few hours, mind you), don't talk to outside world and you will feel better yourself in sometime.
8) Analyse the situation, see where you went wrong and check whether you can rectify it somehow - Believe me, you can't do this in the first few hours when you were feeling bad, give it sometime and then go to this step.
9) Finally, whatever happens, remember that there is a solution for everything and nothing is permenant in this world. Even this too shall pass. It is just another phase in life.

Always remember "In the end, everything will be fine. If it's not, it is not the end"

I read some alarming statistics about depression, mental health and suicide rates in India. Why are we so unhappy with our lives when chocolates are just a hand away? Cheer up !!!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At July 21, 2010 at 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

From anon: Wow such a big list. I have such a poor memory :( so i just say slowly to myself "work so hard that (ref: to that damn thing) one day i will be better off with the situation" and would make sure no body else suffers the same because of me or the for that damn thing :). Touch wood till now had always been able to get that last laugh :) God forbids if i am sounding arrogant :)

 
At July 21, 2010 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Aparna (Life Takes) said...

cleaning my shabby room makes me feel so low, irritable and sad :(

 
At July 21, 2010 at 4:02 PM , Anonymous ughsome said...

totaly agree with all the things on your list!

 
At July 21, 2010 at 4:02 PM , Anonymous ughsome said...

eek that's "totally". don't want to offend the spellig gods.

 
At July 21, 2010 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Soorya said...

"Aashayein" works for me too, especially if listened to on my way to work in the morn :-) true mood lifter!
Primary options would be the people on the speed dials on my phone :-) Works like magic!
Loved the topic chosen and how you have covered it well :-)

 
At July 22, 2010 at 3:43 AM , Blogger Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

yeah i do all of that when not in good mood.. Since I am trying to cut down on weight, I got Extra Dark Chocolates which have only 45-50 calories in one big portion!! :D :D

 
At July 22, 2010 at 7:03 AM , Anonymous RM said...

yeah looks like lot of new options can be tried next time. The first thing i do when i am low is take my bike go out for a very long drive with my ipod on. This works beautifully well for me. When i don't have this option i sleep off, this is equally refreshing.

 
At July 22, 2010 at 12:49 PM , Anonymous Swati said...

Ths is a good one Hima!

 
At July 24, 2010 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@anon: Yes, working hard so that you will be better off with the situation is a good strategy. And hey, you didn't sound arrogant, its a good thing to have the last laugh :)

@aparna: Oh dear, then lets skip that step for you. Maybe you would want to do it before you start feeling low :)

@ughsome: Thanks. Yeah, offending the spelling gods is a no-no, still we all make mistakes every now and then :)

@Soorya: Thanks, I told you "Aashayein" always work. Yes, people on the speed dial, thank god, we have speed dials to reach them as soon as possible :)

@Kishley: Extra dark chocolates with 45-50 calories? :O Which brand? Where?

@RM: Long drive and music. Looks like a romantic setting for me, just kidding, its a nice idea. I don't own a vehicle, so its not possible for me :(

@Swati: Thanks dear. So happy to seeing you liking it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------