Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A pair of eyes - 1

Blog Marathon Post 20

He speaks:

She had dark kohl rimmed eyes. They were slightly green in colour, dove shaped and deep. In short, they were beautiful. Those eyes were all I could see. Her face was not visible to the outside world. However, I envisioned a beautiful face behind the purdah, the moment I saw those gorgeous eyes. I first saw her on a rainy day when I was waiting for the bus at the busstop. She made haste to the stop, with an umbrella which could barely protect her from the rain. Rain had succeeded in drenching her almost completely. She came inside the shed and seemed entirely irritated with the rain. She kept her bag and umbrella on the side and tried to shake off the water from her purdah. She started wiping her hands in a handkerchief and that’s when she saw me. She looked alarmed because she didn't seem to have realised earlier that I was standing there. That’s when I first saw those eyes. There was something enchanting in them that kept my gaze. She quickly withdrew her eyes and concentrated on taking care of her bag and belongings. As soon as the rain subsided, she stepped out and walked away in a hurried pace.

After that, I met her several times at busstop. Sometimes she came with a friend, most of the times alone and always took the 5 o'clock bus back to her home. Our eyes met several times and she always withdrew her eyes hastily whenever that happened. Her eyes spoke a lot about how her day went so far. The whole gamut of emotions she went through was very efficiently portrayed in her eyes. They went from bright to droopy to sad to red with anger, depending on her mood of the day. I first found it intriguing that I was attracted to a pair of eyes so vehemently and later found it exciting. I started timing my visits to the busstop so that it will coincide with her 5o'clock bus. I was happy just being in her company but couldn't muster up courage to utter a single word to her. I was happy in the silent moments that we shared together.

To be continued ...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At July 21, 2010 at 4:23 AM , Anonymous Hitha.. said...

intresteting ;) waiting for the 2nd part :)

 
At July 21, 2010 at 4:36 AM , Blogger Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

hmmm.. Lovely piece.. waiting for 2nd part too :D

 
At July 21, 2010 at 7:11 AM , Anonymous PB :) said...

nice ... just curious, why did u decide to split it into parts? :-)

 
At July 21, 2010 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Prashant Kulli said...

Very interesting.. When are you going to post the second part?? Why keep your visitors curious!! (like typical Star tv serials) Post the last part soon ;)

 
At July 24, 2010 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Dewdrop said...

@Hitha/Kishley: Its coming soon to the laptop screens next to you :D

@PB: Just wanted to cut the long story into pieces and I am exploring a new way of story telling.

@Kulli: As I said earlier, its coming soon to the laptop screens next to you :D And its not the last part :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------